Answer keys of degrees of certainty – past time
Use an appropriate form of must, can, and could with the verbs in parentheses to complete the dialogues.
1.A: Abigail fell asleep during the lesson this morning.
B: she (sleep) mustn’t have slept well last night.
2. A: Paul always pushes all onions aside, and never eats them.
B: He (dislike) must dislike onions.
3. A: It was the first time for Addison to deliver a speech in front of her school.
B: She (be) must have been nervous.
4. A: Can you lend me some money?
B: I don’t seem to have my wallet. I (leave) couldn’t/can’t have left it at home because I paid for my taxi.
5. A: Gavin told me that he would to the beach.
B: So, he (swim) must swim/ be swimming in the sea right now.
6. A: Have you seen my hand bag?
B: It (be) could be in the kitchen.
A: It’s not in the kitchen. It (be) must be in my bedroom. I was there a few minutes ago.
B: Have you found it yet? You (leave) could have left it in the toilet.
A: I (leave) can’t/couldn’t have left it in the toilet. I haven’t got in the toilet since I came home.
7. A: I met a nice girl at a party last night. I asked her a question in English, she just smiled and nodded.
B: she (speak) mustn’t have spoken much English.
8. A: These shoes don’t fit me anymore.
B: Your feet (grow) must have grown
9. A: It (be) could be Tom over there.
B: he (be) can’t/couldn’t be Tom. Tom is bigger, and taller than that guy.
A: So, I (have) must have some problems with my eyes.
10. A: I didn’t see Dave yesterday. Where was he?
B: He (go) could go to visit his grandma.
A: He (go) can’t/couldn’t have gone to visit her because she was travelling in a foreign country.
B: He (study) must have studied in the library because he said he needed a quiet place to study for his tests.
Link xem bài học degrees of certainty – past time (mức độ chắc chắn – quá khứ)
Các bạn có thể truy cập website trung tâm gia sư vina để tìm hoặc đăng ký làm gia sư, cũng như xem các bài học và download tài liệu