Answer keys of comparing and contrasting
I. Underline correct phrases: “the same as”, “ similar to”, or “ different from”.
(hãy gạch dưới những cụm từ đúng )
- Ted wears a red baseball cap. I also wear a red baseball red. Ted’s cap is (the same as/ different from) mine.
- Mr. Hope wears a cowboy hat. Mr. Black wears a panama hat. Mr. Hope’s hat is ( the same as/ different form) Mr. Black’s.
- Fiona rides a red Honda motorbike. Emma rides a yellow Suzuki motorbike. Fiona’s motorbike is (the same as/ different from) Emma’s.
- Steve has a white bike. Mark also has a white bike. Steve’s bike is (the same as/ different from) Mark’s.
- Mai has a Casio calculator. I have a Sharp calculator. Mai’s calculator is (the same as/ different from) mine.
- I want to buy a vest (similar to, different from) my mom’s. I think, the color would also fit me.
- The house is completely (similar to, different from) what we saw in the picture. Are we lost?
- I don’t like this sushi. The taste is (similar to, different from) I ate last week.
- Mary has a twin sister. She always puts on clothes (similar to, different from) her sister making their mom always confused.
- Her voice sounds (similar to, different from) a bird singing in the morning. It’s calming.
II. Rewrite each of the following sentences, keeping the meaning of the sentence, but using one of the phrases (not) as…as, similar to, different from or the same as, as appropriate.
(Hãy viết lại các câu sau sao cho nghĩa không đổi bằng cách sử dụng những cụm từ thích hợp: (not) as…as, similar to, different to, hoặc the same as)
(1) My essay and your essay are similar.
My essay is similar to your essay.
(2) Your watch is better than mine.
My watch is not as good as than yours.
1. My sandals and his sandals look similar.
My sandals are similar to his.
2. This book and that book are different.
This book is different from that one.
3. HCM City is more crowded than Hanoi.
Hanoi is not as crowded as HCM City.
4. They live in a bigger house than ours.
Our house is not as big as theirs.
5. The child’s height and the height of the table are the same.
The child is as tall as the table.
The child’ height is the same as the height of the table
The child is the same height as the table.
6. This story and that story seem similar.
This story is roughly similar to that one.
7. This magazine is more interesting than that one.
That magazine is not as interesting as this one.
8. The date of the concert and the date of the play are the same.
The date of the concert is the same as the date of the play.
The concert is the same date as the play.
9. The climate in the South is hotter than that in the North.
The climate in the North is not as hot as the climate in the South.
10. My new shoes are more comfortable than my old ones.
My old shoes are not as comfortable as my new ones.
11. The view from the window and the view from the door are different.
The view from the window is different from the view from the door.
12. The Mekong River is longer than the Saigon River.
The Saigon River is not as long as the Mekong River.
13. My sister and my cousin look similar.
My sister looks similar to my cousin.
14. Chinese is more difficult than English.
English is not as difficult as Chinese.
15. Your school bag is heavier than mine.
My school bag is not heavy as yours.
Link xem bài giảng tính từ – so sánh bằng và những từ bổ trợ so sánh
Các bạn có thể truy cập website trung tâm gia sư vina để tìm hoặc đăng ký làm gia sư, cũng như xem các bài học và download tài liệu.