I. Rewrite the sentences below by changing them to sentences with it + an infinitive, or a gerund as the subject of a sentence.
- Teasing the disabled is cruel
It is cruel to tease the disabled.
- It is not easy to find my house.
Finding my house is not easy.
- Voting for a right man is important.
It is important to vote for a right man.
- It was exciting to play with a dog.
Playing with a dog is exciting.
- Studying abroad is interesting.
It is interesting to study abroad.
- It is unusual to see my brother study hard.
Seeing my brother study hard is unusual.
- It is dangerous to swim in the river.
Swimming in the river is dangerous.
- Speaking a foreign language fluently takes time.
It takes time to speak a foreign language fluently.
- Flying to the U.S will take us 20 hours.
It will take us 20 hours to fly to the U.S.
- It takes patience to teach children.
Teaching children takes patience.
II. Using your own words to complete the sentences to express the purpose of the action.
- I went to Boston to visit my grandparents.
- He went to Houston for a meeting.
- I went to the market to buy some vegetables.
- She went to the market for meat.
- I went to the dentist to examine my teeth.
- My brother went to the dentist for his teeth.
- I go to the gym every day to build my muscles.
- My sister goes to the gym every day for fitness.
- I took my car to the garage to get it serviced.
- They stopped at the gas station for fuel
Các bạn có thể truy cập website trung tâm gia sư vina để tìm hoặc đăng ký làm gia sư, cũng như xem các bài học và download tài liệu